An East Nashville Christmas was made at PH Balanced Recordings by Phil Harris, who produced, recorded, mixed, and mastered the entire album. Antonia Cove & Phil were the the executive producers.
PH Balanced Recordings is the brainchild of grammy-winning producer/engineer, Phil Harris. Music & Concert Production, Studio, Live, Video, and Broadcast Recording, Mixing, & Mastering, Live Sound, plus Tour & Production Management. We are one stop shop with one of the greatest collections of vintage microphones in the world. Get in touch!
Notable Credits include:
- 2014: Recording/Mix Engineer for Gavin DeGraw at the Ryman Auditorium (DVD to be released in 2015)
- 2014: Emmy Award for Excellence in Audio – PBS Program Bluegrass Underground (Theme Producer/Engineer)
- 2013: Live Sound Engineer (FOH/Monitors) + Tour/Production Manager for Rock & Roll Hall of Famer, Leon Russell
- 2012-Current: Consultant & Entertainment Producer for ABC’s “Nashville” TV Series
- 2012-2013: Live Sound Engineer for Greensky Bluegrass (FOH)
- 2011-2012: Created “An East Nashville Christmas”, a compilation album to benefit the homeless. (Executive Producer, Producer, Recording/Mix/Master Engineer)
- 2010: Americana Album Of The Year / Independent Music Award for “Riverboat Soul” by Pokey LaFarge. (Producer, Recording/Mix/Master Engineer)
- 2008-2010: Chief Sound/Recording Engineer & Post Production for Bluegrass Underground, a syndicated radio program recorded 300 feet underground for WSM / PBS (62 Episodes)
- 2006-2008: Director / Sound & Production for the John Hartford Festival
- 2005-2006: Grammy Award for “Whiskey Before Breakfast” by Doc Watson & Bryan Sutton (Recording Engineer)
- 1999-Current: Archivist for Tim O’Brien
- 1997-Current: Archivist / Recording & Live Sound Engineer at the Station Inn
- Producer / Engineer on hundreds of recorded projects for Compass Records, Adventure Music, Acoustic Disc, Sugar Hill Records, Free Dirt Records, Drag City Records, Dualtone, Red Beet Records, Proper Records, Blackwing Records, and many other awesome Indie-labels
- Notable Clients Include: Pokey LaFarge, Alison Krauss, BR-549, Hot Rize, Del McCoury, Gavin DeGraw, Leon Russell, Sam Bush, Greensky Bluegrass, Cowboy Jack Clement, T-Bone Burnett, Tony Rice, Doc Watson, Dierks Bentley, Keller Williams, Bryan Sutton, David Grier, Stuart Duncan, John Jorgenson, David Mayfield, Kathy Mattea, Steep Canyon Rangers, Mumford & Sons, Cadillac Sky, Ketch Secor, The Silver Jews, Kenny Vaughan, Mike Farris, Jim Lauderdale, Ten String Symphony, Deadly Gentlemen, Grant Farm, Infamous Stringdusters, Sarah Siskind, Julie Lee, Bawn In The Mash, Brazilbilly, Ryan Cavanaugh, Todd Grebe, Kelsey Waldon, Cheyenne Mize, Jeff Coffin, The Steeldrivers, Guy Clark, Riders In The Sky, Altan, Shawn Camp, Grace Adele, Will Taylor, The Danberrys, Billy Contreras, Sirius/XM Radio, Bluegrass Underground, Music City Roots, Americana Music Association, IBMA, WSM, WRLT, ABC, PBS, John Hartford, and Bonnaroo…to name a few!